An exciting opportunity exists within a global transport business for a high-calibre Commercial Director to work within a transformation/change environment. The Commercial Director will be responsible for defining and developing the Commercial strategy for the business. This is a business-critical role focussed on delivering revenue targets and driving profit. As part of this role, you will be responsible for influencing the direction of the business and creating innovative methods to deliver revenue growth.
The Commercial Director will have the following key responsibilities:
- Define and develop the Commercial Strategy in order to meet the revenue targets.
- Build and develop a professional commercial team that will deliver business support to teams across the business.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in order to drive excellence across the business.
- Responsible for the planning & pricing functions in order to drive further revenue.
- Lead and develop the marketing team in order to execute the brand strategy and customer communication.
- Develop and execute the retail and distribution strategy across the business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience and extensive P&L responsibility from within the transport industry.
- Demonstrable track record in defining and delivering a commercial strategy and driving revenue growth.
- Demonstrable experience in revenue management techniques and growing revenue competitively.
- Experience of driving revenue within a customer focussed environment.
- Demonstrable experience of operating within a complex contractual and political environment.