A SME financial services business, who is shaping the market, is looking for a Financial Controller to be part of an exciting business with a clear and compelling digital proposition. This is a unique opportunity for a proven finance leader to really put their stamp on a business that has all the building blocks to become a digital market leader.
Whilst establishing and building a team and a best in class finance function, you will never lose sight of the customer and what the business was established to deliver. Your belief that a disruptive organisation full of talented people can make a difference will be infectious and as much of a benefit to the business as your financial and commercial acumen.
Reporting to the Finance Director, and managing a team of 8-10, you will be responsible for financial accounting and regulatory reporting for multiple legal entities across the business. To be considered you must have strong technical understanding of banking standards and regulations, with high levels of drive and energy to support a fast paced and growing business. In addition, an ability to drive stronger control and efficiency through a combination of process improvements, system improvements, and training/investing in people, is crucial.
- Build/lead/manage a high performing financial control team, with continuous investment in training across the team Manage the production of annual statutory financial reporting and collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Timely and accurate preparation of all other statutory/regulatory returns in line with IFRS/VAT/Tax/CASS requirements
- Ensure company financial systems are robust, compliant, fit-for-purpose, scalable for future growth, and configured to optimise efficiency (e.g. minimise manual processing)
- Own the monthly close and group company consolidation process every month, including inter-company and intangibles, ensuring the financial position of each legal entity is accurate
- Responsible for all areas of tax management, including overseeing VAT returns and capitalising on relief schemes
- Continually improve processes and systems to eliminate errors whilst improving efficiency across the Financial Control function
- Direct responsibility for the financial accounting team, ensuring high standards of accuracy and control are always maintained
- Actively contribute/lead projects as required, representing the requirements of Financial Control and the wider Finance team
- Qualified Accountant with significant PQE (Financial services required, Banking is advantageous)
- Strong technical knowledge (IFRS/VAT/Tax required, CASS is advantageous)
- Advanced understanding of financial systems
- Advanced numeric/analytical and spreadsheet skills
- Experience building, managing and training teams
- Drive to solve problems and continuously improve processes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail