Head of Existing Business Sales
Head of Existing Business Sales – Energy Solutions – E.ON UK
E.ON’s aim is to be at the forefront of the global shift towards new technology and create a better tomorrow for everyone; working with customers, companies and across communities to make energy simpler, smarter and more sustainable.
E.ON’s key three core businesses mirror the major changes that are happening in energy today: increasing demand for innovative customer solutions, the global growth of renewables as part of the effort to tackle climate change, and the transformation to a smarter energy system.
E.ON’s business is built on these foundations because they believe they are the building blocks of the new energy world. They provide solutions for this new energy world – decentralised, green, and interconnected – and they make sure that everything we do has a single focus: their customers, whether they’re individuals or families, big or small businesses, or even entire towns and cities.
Around five million customers in the UK choose to get their energy from E.ON, making them one of the leading energy providers in the UK. As part of the E.ON Group, they’re also one of the foremost energy companies in the world. All 9,400 people who work for E.ON across Britain are committed to creating a better tomorrow for everyone by delivering new solutions, products and services built around our customers’ differing needs, to help them save energy and money and find the solutions that are right for them.
Our core purpose is to deliver personalised, sustainable energy solutions for everyone.
The role, Head of Existing Business Sales, is a new permanent position that will lead the Energy Solutions, Community and Public Services sales divisions, focusing on the Energy solutions to these particular client channels.
The Head of Existing Business Sales will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for account managing existing customers, to grow value, cross sell and renew contracts. This is a key role in achieving stretching Solution Sales targets and KPIs, whilst meeting statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Lead a high calibre team of Sales Professionals to:
- Develop and improve C-suite relationships
- Hold account primacy across Solutions and Energy Sales, based on internal governance
- Increase solutions per customer (cross sales)
- Develop & implement retention and renewal strategies
- Ensure compliance with legislation and industry good practice, whilst delivering on customer expectations.
- Work autonomously leading on Existing Business Solution Sales whilst working across multiple work-streams within and outside of Solutions Sales, often interfacing with Global teams (Domains) and external counterparties
- Leading a range of complex bids and projects relating to Existing Business Solution Sales
- Driving and taking ownership of existing customer opportunities including managing pipelines, opportunities and alignment with both the Global Account Team and the UK Field Teams
- Develop & operationalise retention and renewals strategies, including VPP, Energy, Management Controls Contracts, and MOP/DC
- Develop cross function / business working with the wider E.ON business to effectively leverage opportunities from existing activities, whilst utilising and advocating Operational Excellence
- Prepare and execute a well-defined Sales strategy for selling new solutions to existing customers - to build and drive Solution Sales and customer satisfaction in existing portfolios
The successful candidate will come into this rare and exciting role with a proven Solution Sales background, comfortable leading multi-faceted teams across multiple stakeholders. The role sits on the energy solutions leadership team and works across a matrix.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- University degree preferably in Sales / Marketing / Business or a related discipline
- Customer mind-set and experience of Sales to Large and Mid B2B / market customers
- A commercial mind-set with marketing expertise and experience in activating segmentation and driving sales strategy.
- Proven track record of managing internal and external customer relationships at a high level in a competitive environment
For further information and details on how to apply, please click "Apply".
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Edward Ellis on 0207 529 1118.