Solutions Analyst - Agriculture, Utilities & Infrastructure
Our client helps businesses better manage their land-based assets by making use of the increasingly sophisticated but complex array of Earth Observation (EO) imagery and data available. They do this through their unique landscape intelligence platform aggregating large amounts of diverse data from satellites, airborne and ground instruments, applying relevant modelling and using mapping, measuring and monitoring techniques with best-in-class technology to provide critical decision support for their customers. The business is enjoying an extended period of growth and success and is one of the international market leaders in their field.
The Geospatial Solutions Team leads technical engagements with customers in the UK and internationally; from initial scoping of requirements through to technical delivery of data products and services. Building on the company’s existing standard library of data products, the role of the Solutions Analyst is to determine applicable data products to meet customer requirements and manage the customisation and integration of services into customer business processes and systems.
Reporting to the Geospatial Solutions Architect, the Solutions Analyst will be responsible for activities specific to one or more company business verticals (currently Agriculture, Commodities, Forestry, Infrastructure and Water Quality). This will include regular engagement with the internal business development team, responses to technical queries, preparation of technical proposals and management of ongoing product research and development.
The position requires a good understanding of GIS and Remote Sensing technology, including current practical experience of GIS data management and analysis. Prior experience of customer engagement is essential, with experience of setting and managing expectations throughout the sales and delivery cycle. The role will suit a confident, customer-orientated individual with proven ability to meet challenging deadlines within a dynamic environment. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to commute to the office. Occasional travel is expected.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a technical interface for customers with a focus on a specific business vertical, dependent on background knowledge and experience
- Identifying new product and service needs that are not currently addressed and working with the delivery teams to create effective solutions
- Creating packaged service solutions comprising of existing and new data products as required, combined with bespoke technical services where necessary
- Contributing to client proposals, aligning responses to customer requirements to the company’s technology build plan wherever possible
- Working with the Geospatial Solutions Architect to consolidate development activities across business verticals to maintain and update the technology roadmap for the business
- Attending and presenting at industry events, conferences and client meetings as necessary to support the growth of the business
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant technical subject
- Excellent knowledge of GIS and Earth Observation technologies and their application to both the natural and built environment
- Experience of working with GIS and/or satellite data and GIS software tools e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS, ENVI
- Background knowledge or relevant work experience in at least one of the company’s business verticals
- Experience in customer engagement and requirements capture
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent professional communication skills, fluent in both verbal and written English
Our client is a fast growth, successful and well-respected business. This is a particularly exciting time for the business as it continues to build on its success and further develop its capabilities, services and market diversification.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding role with a genuine opportunity for career progression.