This is an exciting and critical senior technology leadership role owning the delivery of the core IT services across the university. A diverse range of stakeholders, plus an ever more demanding student population, means that IT Services at Imperial must be delivered at an exacting level.
A senior member of the IT leadership team, and a direct report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Director of ICT is accountable for 200 staff running the engine room of technology delivery across Imperial. The ICT Director will also shape the future development of ICT’s services to meet the evolving needs of the 25,000 staff and students engaged in Research, Teaching and Support Services functions at Imperial.
Imperial is a global top ten university with a world-class reputation in science, engineering, business and medicine (ranked #8 in the QS World University Rankings 2018). The College consistently achieves the highest rankings nationally and internationally for delivering world class scholarship. Based in South Kensington, with further campuses spread across London, the College has a profound impact on the world.
- Deliver a high-performing, professional, consistent IT service, with a reputation for outstanding delivery. The acknowledged quality and reliability of IT Services at Imperial should be recognised as creating genuine competitive advantage to the University.
- Provide strong functional leadership to ICT teams, driving clarity of responsibility and process, plus instil a genuine focus on customer driven outcomes.
- Operate as a senior leader across the IT leadership team and wider University, fostering positive relationships with colleagues in both in IT and the customer population. Engage with senior organisational stakeholders to stimulate and shape the demand for contemporary IT Services.
- With significant exposure to complex information intensive and customer led sectors, you will have the ability to understand a truly diverse organisation plus demonstrate experience of shaping responsive, high performing ICT functions
- Politically savvy and an outstanding communicator, you will have the ability to proactively build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders both across the University in the wider sector and in industry
- An excellent people leader, you will have the proven ability to enthuse and galvanise large IT teams. You will have demonstrable experience engaging teams in the adoption of modern IT working practices.
To hear more about this exciting post, apply via our search consultants, Berwick Partners, by following the link below: