Financial Assurance Analyst
- Varied commercial role appraising and monitoring international investments
- Requires autonomous, decisive qualified accountant with excellent communication
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance is delighted to be partnering with Reall, Real Equity for All, in their campaign to find a Financial Assurance Analyst to join their team.
Reall is a social enterprise focusing on urban poverty issues in the developing world. It is registered both as a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Through investment in a network of international partner projects they enable low income families to acquire affordable housing across over 15 countries in the developing world.
Reall have newly refurbished, modern, open plan offices with well equipped meeting rooms, are based in Coventry, with excellent transport links and all amenities nearby.
Having undergone a period of positive change, the team is close knit, sharing a common vision.
This role presents the opportunity to hold a key position of high responsibility and expertise on the team, with the potential of becoming a permanent employee.
Reall is looking for a problem solver with real attention to detail for their Financial Assurance Analyst role, based in the Coventry office, reporting to the Director of Treasury, Funds and Investment.
In this role you are expected to play an important role in Business Partnering with senior stakeholders both internally and internationally, financially appraising current and new investments and developing and improving current processes.
The key responsibilities alongside being resilient and tactful in your approach to communicating include:
- Financial assessment of proposed investments, reporting to Investment Committee
- Monthly assurance of existing Partner's financial sustainability (analysing management accounts, annual financial statements, business plans)
- Reviewing Partner's annual statutory accounts reporting to funders for year end
- Analyse and report on data identifying gaps and suggesting process and risk management improvements and solutions
- Conducting, monitoring and developing the investment approval process, ensuring key operational and financial controls operate effectively
- Co-ordinate the internal process of risk assessment, valuation and provisioning of the investment portfolio
You will play a pivotal role within the organisation in providing evidence based recommendations to facilitate business critical decisions shaping Reall's current and future investments.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Financial Assurance Analyst role will be able to pick things up quickly and manage multiple tasks at any one time.
They will also have the following attributes:
- CCAB qualified accountant (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland) or CIMA
- Experienced and confident in management and financial accounting
- Excellent communicator, able to support and influence international partners
- Resilience and tact in effectively communicating with various levels and cultures
- Experience in investment appraisal is a benefit
What's on Offer:
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Company pension scheme
- 6 month fixed term contract with the prospect of permanent role
Ref Code: MPFE13907135Z