Group Commercial Manager
- A newly-created leadership team appointment, with global responsibility.
- A significant commercial opportunity in a growing business.
About Our Client
With a fifty year pedigree, our client is an established leader in its field and a recognised innovator in the global construction materials market. The business is privately-owned and has the support of a significant investor with a long-term perspective and a passion for improving the sustainability and durability of construction. Its unique offering has led to close relationships with prestigious clients and Tier One contractors and its position as a partner of choice for 'greening' the construction sector.
- Lead the global commercial strategy for the group, developing business plans and ensuring all revenue opportunities are optimised
- Identify and manage commercial and reputational risk across the Group's business
- Represent the company externally to enhance and strengthen the company's profile and drive business development opportunities, including potential acquisitions/ joint ventures and licensing opportunities
- Managing group marketing activities, building the global master brand, and delivering high quality, fit-for-purpose marketing communications that support delivery of Group strategy
- Maintain close overview of the construction market globally, of the competitor set, and of the customer base, using this information to establish competitive advantage for the Group and refine strategy implementation programmes as required
- Understand the value drivers for the business and identify commercial opportunities based on market needs/ demands.
- Develop new products and services that contribute to the Group strategy delivery
- Developing the customer experience, including developing solutions to improve and manage customer satisfaction levels across the business
- Implement a suite of commercial kpi's to facilitate routine monitoring and communication of commercial performance and to drive better quality, faster management decisions
- Develop and maintain costs-to-serve models to measure customer, account and product profitability, optimise costs and maximise sustainable returns to the Group
- Establish and implement clear pricing models and guidelines for consistent application across all activities
The Successful Applicant:
- Extensive, proven experience operating at a senior leadership role within an international cement, concrete or construction chemicals business, with a background in sales and business development.
- Proven leadership in marketing, with experience of having developed new product and service propositions, that create greater customer value and return on investment.
- Demonstrable business and leadership skill, building, managing and coaching high-performing teams.
- Strong project management skills, able to take ideas and concepts rapidly through to implementation and delivery.
- Analytical ability, with the ability to understand and to convey complex ideas, as well as taking a macro view.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes internationally, according to the needs of the business.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, plus car allowance, bonus, pension & healthcare
Ref Code: MPFE13802095Z