Prestigious Property Business Company
Senior Executive in the Property world sought for a uniquely challenging, high profile role at the heart of the London property market – have you got what it takes?
Our client is the highly successful owner of a substantial portfolio of high value assets in London. They have ambitious plans, and the funds, to double the value of this asset base over the next 3 years through a combination of renovation and redevelopment. They now seek a highly experienced executive, who will sit as part of their Senior Leadership Team, to devise and execute a property strategy that best utilises the space they occupy and maximise return on investment. Many of their properties are iconic and historic, which will require a high degree of creativity coupled with excellent management of multiple stakeholders, in order to deliver ambitious change.
Applications are invited from individuals who can share our client’s vision for the business and who can demonstrate the following competencies:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the London (and broader) property market
- Depth of knowledge about the steps and techniques required for both new build and building renovation projects (preferably aligned to RIBA or other recognised industry standard)
- RICS accredited or similar
- Innovation and creative thinking applied to the use of space
- Practical experience of landlord/tenant from either perspective
- Experience of creating feasibility studies and investment business cases
- Demonstrated capability of asset management
- Management of commercial relationships
- Management of large construction / renovation projects
- Understands how to input into product development
Additionally you must possess strong leadership behaviours including:
- Practical (or pragmatic) - not afraid to roll up sleeves to get things done. Grounded in reality. Constantly checks that what is being done is adding value and holds team to account to do same. Has a strong sense of responsibility.
- Loves people: wants to do the best for our employees and our clients. Listens. Encourages.
- Broad commerciality: understands the value drivers of our business. Sees the bigger picture. Joins the dots. Is a subject matter expert and credible in their field but able to demonstrate leadership of company/whole business issues.
- Strong communication: Straight talking. Fair. Consistent. Tells it like it is. Understands what impact they want to achieve in their communication style. Has more than one style of communication.
- Humility: recognises others’ contributions. Supportive. Encouraging. Self- aware
- Solution orientated: will think outside the box to solve problems and issues - previous experience will guide not define the solution.
- Ownership: willing to take ownership and accountability for their actions and their teams (where appropriate) and be responsible for projects and work - able to admit when you’ve got it wrong.