Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO), Ministry of Defence
£143,000 plus PRP
The Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO) is an independent public body that supports the effective operation of the statutory regulation of the UK government’s procurement of military goods, works and services on a ‘single source’ basis, that is where the contract is awarded without competition. Some of the Ministry of Defence (MOD)’s most important capabilities, including Astute and Trafalgar class submarines and Type 26 frigates are bought and/or maintained using single source procurement.
The SSRO’s principal statutory aims are to ensure that good value for money is obtained for the UK taxpayer in expenditure on qualifying, single source defence contracts, and that suppliers are paid a fair and reasonable price under those contracts.
We are now seeking a Chief Executive to provide effective executive leadership and management of the SSRO, within the strategic framework agreed by the Board. You will be responsible for ensuring the organisation meets its statutory functions and contractual obligations, whilst also acting as Accounting Officer for the organisation to the UK Parliament.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Significant senior leadership and management experience within a high-profile business, public sector or regulatory environment of comparable scope and complexity
- Experience in a leadership role of motivating staff, developing a high performing management team and of working with the Board to bring forward imaginative solutions to complex issues
- Evidence of a good understanding of the role of Accounting Officer for a public body and the need to ensure the efficient and economical conduct of business and safeguard financial propriety and regularity
- Proven track record of successfully leading organisational change, with a strong focus on creating efficient and effective operational capability
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively with and influence a wide range of very senior stakeholders, and to command their confidence
For full details on the role, please click on Apply.
Closing date: Monday 19th March 2018
Please note that although this advert expires 13th March 2018 applications will be accepted on the Odgers Berndtson website until Monday 19th March 2018.