My client is a £20mil turnover autonomous, profitable division of a privately owned manufacturing and retail group. This division is a leading manufacturer of design-led consumer products. They have an enviable reputation for manufacturing quality products with an excellent aftermarket service. Operating in a fragmented, competitive market the demands for creatively designed, quality products with excellent functionality is extremely high. Their customers are well known, large brand stores to the specialist independent retailer.
Due to retirement they wish to recruit a highly commercial Financial Controller that will be the number one finance person on site reporting to the MD.
- The delivery of timely, accurate and meaningful management information
- To ensure the correct controls and procedures are in place across all functions of the business
- Manage, mentor and motivate the existing finance team
- To add value across all functions, manufacturing, sales and marketing and administration with the preparation of meaningful KPI
- Support the commercial functions and teams within the business to maximise profitably
- Preparation of Budgets and Strategic Plans
- To be one of the main drivers for the implementation of a new ERP system
- To be responsible for the production of all financial information, monthly and annual accounts
- To present the financial information to the Group and Group Finance Director
- Manage the relationship with external service providers
- Must be a commercially minded qualified accountant
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the financial controls and processes required for a manufacturing organisation
- Have previously managed and mentored a Finance team
- Can demonstrate excellent communication skills across all levels of the business
- A desire to drive improvement through the delivery of meaningful financial information
- Be of a pragmatic robust nature
This is an excellent opportunity for you to become a senior member of highly driven management team and be given the opportunity to contribute and progress in an organisation with the only inhibiting factor being your ability.