Managing Director - Facilities Management
This is a key appointment for an autonomous division of a large and diverse outsourced services organisation. A leader in their field they provide a range of services to a diverse customer portfolio spanning both commercial organisations and the public sector. This role will help shape the culture of the business and be the primary driver in achieving the company's ambitions growth plans.
Details about the Client
An innovative, dynamic and integrated provider of ‘soft' outsourced services, this organisation is committed to delivering significant revenue and profit growth year on year through both acquisitions and organic development.
The Group is a leader in its field and provides an extensive and comprehensive range of services to industry and public sector customers. A European business with operations in several key countries, they are well respected within their market.
This autonomous division has significant opportunities to develop and grow successfully, but requires a strong focus on business development, account management and customer service to enable it to reach its full potential.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of the Group's UK businesses, this key role will be accountable for developing and executing a strategic plan to significantly grow the business profitably, delivering tangible and measurable revenue, profit and service outcomes in line with the Group's overall objectives.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Drive business success through being an inspirational people manager, work closely with the senior management team to ensure the ongoing investment and development of all employees
- Deliver growth through identifying, winning and developing significant new business opportunities, building and maintaining strong relationships with existing customers, and driving a culture of excellent customer service. Create and deliver long-term sales & marketing strategies to deliver sustainable and profitable growth
- Lead all business activities, but above all take full accountability for driving profitable sales and building key customer relationships, both existing and new. Lead, manage and support all business areas effectively and control the day-to-day operations and assets to effectively deliver their objectives. Seek continual improvement in line with the organisation's philosophy.
- Implement and maintain a commercially robust bids and pricing policy
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies, procedures and legislation including health and safety, personnel, finance and administration
- To be successful, you will have gained substantial senior leadership experience within a growth oriented outsourced services / FM business environment. Ideally with a broad / general management background, the successful candidate will need to be sales and business development focused but with a thorough understanding of the commercial elements of a business, having previously delivered profitability improvements and successful revenue growth.
- A creative thinker with the vision, determination and ability to succeed. Naturally curious, a problem solver with a can do mind-set and hands on approach.
- Proven experience of determining and successfully executing ambitious growth plans coupled with a track record in maximising income, profitability and shareholder value
- An inspirational leader of people, able to provide clear direction and both empower and motivate a diverse range of stakeholders. As the ambassador for the business, you will need the credibility and gravitas to influence at all levels, including effective problem / issue resolution.
- Experience of ensuring successful and sustainable customer partnerships and developing relationships and alliances that deliver business aims. Skilled at negotiating at all levels
- Ability to maximise the success of the business, with a focus on sales, continuous improvement and operational performance. First class planning and prioritisation skills, financially astute with previous P&L experience, including setting, managing and monitoring complex budgets.
- Be forward thinking and insightful, entrepreneurial in approach capable of creating a vision for the business and successfully influencing change
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm
What's on Offer
c£100k depending on experience + 40% bonus & benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE13854333Z