We are delighted to be working in Retained Partnership with Alevere to help appoint a new Finance Director.
After 10 years in the medical weight loss industry, Alevere launched its' own therapy in 2015. The therapy is a medically supervised weight loss programme consisting of body contouring treatments and a high protein diet using Alevere's own medically formulated foods and products.
The Group owns five clinics offering the Alevere weight loss therapy and high-end aesthetic treatments and currently has 23 partner clinics across the U.K. operating on a franchise basis. These clinics are serviced by a third-party distribution centre in Leeds.
Current group turnover is £4 million and the group has plans to substantially increase this by strengthening the domestic brand profile, increasing the number of U.K. partner clinics to around 45 clinics within the next three years and looking to establish the therapy in European and global markets within the medium term.
Reporting to the Group's board, the role's main purpose will be to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial accounting systems for the group, working closely with Operations to support and enhance strategic decision making.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly accounts and year end accounts and ensure that the tight reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain a strong Balance Sheet control environment ensuring that the monthly accounts are fully reconciled
- Reconciliation of the appointments systems to the monthly accounts
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly financial reporting pack to the board
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets (fixed overhead element, balance sheet and cash)
- Facilitate and lead cash management and flow forecasting
- Fixed asset register maintenance and CAPEX management
- VAT return co-ordination and completion for VAT group
- Annual tax returns and supporting analysis (tax packs)
- Preparation of the payroll for the parent company, in line with RTI and auto-enrollment requirements
- Continuous development of enhanced controls, reporting and system utilisation
- Enhance the profile of the finance department within the business
- Overhead analysis and reporting
- Support to departmental managers on cost drivers and improvements
- Leading the internal and external audits in conjunction with the Site based team
- Ad hoc information and analysis as required - Financial, operational & commercial
- Attendance at cross departmental meetings as required
- Systems development and enhancement
- To fully support and deliver to all levels of the business effective communications
- Line management of an Assistant Accounting personnel
- Good personal presence and a collegiate personal leadership style combined with a confident, professional and hardworking approach are critical to the success of this role. The appointed candidate must be technically capable, commercially aware and possess the ability to influence people at all levels.
In order to achieve the above, the successful candidate must have a combination of the following skills and experience:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Engaging leadership and influencing skills as well as the ability to convey complicated technical issues to non accountants
This role will provide a great opportunity to add significant value above and beyond the numbers. The role itself will develop and grow alongside the individual, and so it would preferable that the successful candidate will have the drive and ambition to increase their responsibilities over time.