The Financial Controller role will sit at the heart of the business. The primary function to manage the production of timely and accurate accounting and management information as required by the business and its shareholders. You will be committed to driving forward the finance function through strong leadership, best practice governance standards, effective analysis and commitment to the long term goals of the business.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA Accountant with industry knowledge within the Utilities sector. You will be analytical with a high level of commercial awareness. Ability to lead a team, have sound understanding of accounting standards, tax and VAT legislation and have a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Managing the production of the monthly management accounts and monthly board reports
- Responsible for shareholder reporting to ensure that deadlines for the production of monthly and quarterly accounts, budgets, forecasts and the provision of statutory information are met
- Manage the production of the annual statutory accounts
- Ensure best practice and adherence to requirements dealing with Internal and External Audit
- You will manage the Treasury, Tax and VAT Functions within the business
- Play a key role in the development of finance staff by motivation, training and guidance for improvement
- Improvement and management of processes and systems
- Adhoc duties when required