Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
A large organisation with significant operations in the UK. They are a household name and would be an excellent addition to anyone's C.V. We therefore require candidates who have come from similar sized organisations, have experience of working as a senior IT leader / CTO/CIO/IT Director who can navigate the complexities and challenges that may arise.
A large organisation with significant operations in the UK - you will be leading an IT team of c50 staff with c5 direct reports.
- Be accountable for the definition of the strategic and tactical engineering roadmaps for technologies and services, ensuring that they are future proofed and that the organisation derives maximum value from investment in technologies.
- Be a significant contributor to the CIO in setting the vision for the organisation's use of technology as directed by the Board, Executive, business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs.
- Be fully accountable for the security architecture designs ensuring solutions are built with security in mind.
- Support, design and implement infrastructure technologies and solutions such as: compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and Open Source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Lead software development operations, supporting the development and operation through tools, environments and practices.
- Lead the IT division of c50 staff in creating operational and cultural change, encouraging and enabling innovation and continuous improvement.
- Be a member of the IT senior leadership team.
In order to qualify for this opportunity, you will:
- Have significant strategic management experience in a related role (Senior IT Leadership, CTO/CIO/IT Director).
- Have extensive experience in a complex infrastructure project environment.
- Demonstrate extensive change management and transformation experience.
- Experience of leading dispersed and large complex teams.
- Have demonstrable evidence of engaging with key stakeholders at a senior level
- Have lateral thinking capability to dissect a problem to its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes, allowing problem resolution. Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities.
- Demonstrate experience of the whole life of service delivery - designs, develops, delivers and operates. Ensures that a set of IT products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver an IT service.
- Understand the limitations of internet technology and why code is important. Able to prototype code, but does not necessarily have to make a production code ready.
- Demonstrate expertise in turning business problems into specification and designs of information systems to meet defined business needs, dealing with problems that span the enterprise.
- Have a strong understanding and application of the most appropriate modern standards and practices.
- Have previously established standards and procedures across the IT service life-cycle including the development life-cycle in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that delivery teams adhere to them.
- Be able to anticipate and advise on future technology changes that present opportunities for the business.
Based from Birmingham with travel to Leeds and Bristol, this is your chance to take on the challenge of a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) role [reporting into a CIO), you will accelerate your career working for a global leader and lead a talented team on what are definitely some of the most complex and exciting infrastructure projects in this country.