We are currently recruiting experienced audit professionals for the Audit Quality Review (AQR) team based in central London.
- Directly influence the standard and quality of audit work in the UK
- Good work / life balance
- Part time or flexible working also considered
Details about the Client
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is the UK's independent regulator responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment.
Detailed Job Description
AQR monitors the quality of public interest audits undertaken by the major UK audit firms and is a leading international audit regulator, playing a significant role internationally in the promotion and development of audit regulation.
As a member of the AQR team based in our Central London office, successful candidates will participate in reviews of the Big 4 and other large audit firms dealing with senior partners and staff at those firms.
The role provides a unique insight into how the major firms operate and how they are responding to current issues in the profession and changes in regulatory requirements. Successful candidates will also have the satisfaction of being able to influence changes in the practices and procedures of the major audit firms to enhance quality.
- Experience at Manager / Senior Manager or above in a major UK audit firm preferred
- An accounting qualification coupled with membership of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or ICAI (or equivalent)
- A good knowledge of IFRS and recent experience of auditing of UK listed companies/other major entities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the confidence and ability to engage with and, where appropriate, challenge senior partners
- Applicants with experience of auditing UK incorporated banks, building societies or insurance entities are particularly welcome
What's on Offer
Candidates with experience at Senior Manager level or above in a major UK audit firm will be considered for a Team Inspector position (base salary up to £90,000).
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, with generous benefits, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- The FRC has a very good work/life balance ethos.
- Part time or flexible working would be considered.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE13286745Z
Apply for Team Inspector
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly