Our client represents the rights of over 125,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers in the UK, ensuring creators are paid whenever their music is played, performed or reproduced. PRS for Music leads the way in UK and worldwide licensing, with agreements with affiliated collecting societies in 150 countries representing over two million music creators. This network ensures UK creators are rewarded when their music is used overseas, and international creators are rewarded when their music is used in the UK. The latest 2016 results show a record £537m being paid out to members.
Given the ever increasing pace of technology change, the methods of distribution and use of music are becoming ever more sophisticated. As a result, PRS for Music has an overt strategy focused on investing in technology, establishing shared industry platforms and improving data quality. The technology and stakeholder interdependencies both in the UK and globally make for a fascinating and complex operating environment.
As a member of the Executive team, we are seeking a Chief Operating Officer to lead the Operations, Technology and Change functions with a key focus on ensuring an outstanding customer experience for both members and licensees. An important element of the role will be to deliver a transformation agenda that places digital solutions at the very core of Operations.
The primary responsibilities of this role comprise:
- As a member of the Executive team, to be accountable for the operational delivery of PRS for Music’s strategy and business plan
- To lead Operations and IT functions, fostering an organisational culture which actively empowers and promotes high-performing, service-led expertise
- To be a major influence in the delivery of the Digital Transformation Programme, managing and engaging internal and external stakeholders throughout the change cycle
- To be responsible for Change Management including a central PMO
- Leadership experience in an Operations role managing high volume B2C, customer-focused operations
- Notable success in leading digital transformation and driving organisation change
- Able to demonstrate gravitas and credibility in managing internal and external multi-faceted stakeholder relationships
- Strong intellect and analytical capability to develop and deliver complex, cost-effective service propositions across multiple interdependencies
- Experience of being a creative strategist with a highly developed commercial acumen to drive operational efficiency while striving for outstanding Customer Experience
To find out more about this opportunity, please apply with a copy of your CV and we can arrange a time to discuss the details.