Payment Services Manager
The Payment Services Manager is a newly created role with responsibility to the head of Payment Services for the strategic leadership and operational management of the Credit Control team and Payments Project team.
Details about the Client
The University of Oxford is a complex and stimulating organisation, which enjoys an international reputation as a world-class centre of excellence in research and teaching. It employs over 10,000 staff and has a student population of over 21,000.
The Finance Division is responsible for providing advice and information on financial matters affecting all departments, divisions and subsidiary companies at the University of Oxford. Our mission is to provide sound financial advice and timely information to academics, researchers, administrators and other stakeholders.
The Payment Projects Team are a newly formed team who responsible for implementing change within the payments team and in supporting University Departments in fully adopting Oracle and streamlining payment processes.
The Credit Control Team of the Financial Division is responsible for the management of Commercial invoices with a value in excess of £100 Million pa, relating to goods or services supplied by the University. This includes ensuring that all invoices (currently 31,000 sent to 6,000 customers per year) are raised in accordance with correct financial procedures, are accounted for correctly, and collected in a timely manner.
Detailed Job Description
The Payment Services Manager will be responsible for two areas of work.
- To manage the commercial debt of the University and ensure these are collected in line with agreed targets
- Maintain and develop the Oracle Accounts Receivable Module, driving best practice across the University. Overall responsibility for delivering efficient and effective processing and recording of customer debt in a high volume environment.
Payments Project Team:
- To drive process improvement across the Purchase to Pay process working with departments and the central teams to improve efficiency and controls. The post holder who be responsible for writing and defining the Universities policies on the P2P process from requisition to invoice entry and will also be responsible for developing best practice advise for departments based on the policies. In order to do this they will need to have a good understanding for current P2P industry standards.
The post holder will be responsible for representing the division at University wide meetings (such as the UAS conference), and also presenting at divisional finance meetings.
- Manage a team of 3 credit controllers to ensure the University Trade debt is invoiced and collected in an efficient manner
- Responsible for working with departments to improve debt management processes and educate users
- Define the overall strategic direction of the trade collections process
- Work with the FSSC to improve the Oracle AR module and surrounding processes
- Ensure all transactions are processed in line with University policies
- Process owner for the Oracle AR module
- Provide expert advice and guidance on billing and collection issues
- Responsible for the internal trade billing process
- Co-ordination of the P2P strategy, to ensure projects are correctly identified and initiated
- Working with colleagues within Finance and around the University to ensure that continuous improvement and best practice principles are adopted to ensure the University provides a first class service to staff and suppliers alike
- Provide input to the formal P2P projects
- Manage a portfolio of smaller P2P projects and initiatives to drive a continuous improvement culture
- Develop a suite of KPI's to measure the performance of P2P across the University
- Set the goals and objectives for the Payments Project Officer
- Work with the Payments Supervisor to improve processes within the Payments Team
You will be expected to take responsibility for ensuring all users have the appropriate skills and knowledge to operate the systems by taking responsibility for embedding shared service principles and secure best practice across the stakeholder population.
This may be achieved using:
- A programme of seminars and workshops
- Provision of training materials
- Intranet based process notes and information updates
- Responsible for the development of the Credit and Payments Project team, including PDR, coaching, mentoring, training, recruitment and line management issues associated with running a team
- Manage the staff resource requirements for the P2P program, and departmental projects to ensure maximum staff utilisation and efficiency
- CCAB Qualified - ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA
- Substantial relevant post-qualified accounting experience
- A demonstrable customer service ethos
- Substantial experience in a large complex organization with proven and demonstrable communication and analytical skills and proactive experience of change management
- Strong IT understanding of financial systems, including experience of using Oracle Financials. Evidence of implementing new systems would be an advantage.
- High levels of personal effectiveness, particularly communication, organization, and the ability to focus on achieving project deadlines
- Proven ability and the credibility to persuade and influence senior managers in effecting changes within an organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and good stakeholder management
What's on Offer
£45,562 - £52,793 + USS Pension Scheme + 30 Days Holiday
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE13822869Z