Deputy Head of Procurement
Our client is a large, complex, public sector organisation with a forward thinking Procurement Strategy and is seeking a Deputy Head of Procurement with a proven track record of working in a comparable environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the strategic approach to procurement and supply chain in line with the overall objectives
- Ensure relevant policies and procedures exist and are applied in order to ensure proper governance of procurement and supply chain
- Confirm that the procurement department properly supports the operation of the organisation including working closely with operational and corporate departments to support them in reducing non-pay expenditure and in the identification and realisation of savings
- Front negotiations of complex, high value contracts for the procurement of capital and consumable items
- Professional responsibility for all aspects of supply chain management
- Lead and develop the procurement and supply chain function to ensure the provision of the best possible service, measured by procurement and supply chain efficiency and non-pay savings
- Monitor and measure the performance of the team against key result areas outlined in the supply strategy and produce regular reports for the relevant procurement groups
- A Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) with a proven track record of service delivery and innovation
- A commercial thinker with strong influencing skills experienced in effective procurement to deliver savings and efficiencies
- Proven leadership skills, working with a range of stakeholders in a change orientated environment
- Motivational, team player keen to develop staff and the team to deliver excellent internal and external outputs
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Heather Clarke 01902 907981 or 07967 214771.