Partner Financial are working with a high growth FTSE listed technology business to identify a Commercial Controller/Senior Finance Manager for the fastest growing division within the Group. The Group is ideally positioned to continue to expand by acquisition and as a result of the substantial investments made into the technology of the product and services that the business provides. The division where this opportunity sits is expanding rapidly and the CFO is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to support him in a broad role.
This role is required to provide comprehensive financial and management reporting across areas such as monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting, performance management and business case preparation. The role will rapidly develop over the next 2-3 years as the division looks to double in size within that time period and therefore the successful candidate must be an ambitious, analytical and highly commercial individual, who has the gravitas to lead and influence the business.
- Monthly Reporting - Development and production of monthly reporting pack for the Divisional and Group Executive Team
- Support the VP Finance to ensure that the actual financial and operational results of the business unit are provided on an accurate and timely basis together with a concise, action orientated, business focused commentary
- Systematically and objectively review the performance of the business
- Business Partnering - Act as a business partner to all areas of the business, providing financial and commercial support
- Budgeting - Lead the budget process for the business unit and take a lead role in ensuring that the business unit has in place a high quality budget that reflects all relevant material issues and business plans, is consistent with and delivers the results required by the Group
- Support the VP Finance to proactively and reactively provide ad hoc financial and operational analysis to deliver optimal operational performance through high quality strategic and tactical business decisions
- Business performance management - To play a proactive and action orientated role in the business unit, by supporting the VP Finance to efficiently deliver the best medium term financial and operational results possible
- Interface to Group Finance - Working with Group finance, ensure that the Group accounting, transaction processing and billing capabilities are appropriate for the needs of the business unit.
- Business case preparation - Proactively involved in preparation for business cases, taking a lead or support role as necessary but always ensuring that a concise high quality business case is prepared in support of all major business decisions.
- Team management - Build a small team of analysts as necessary to support the above
The successful candidate will have:
- Professional accounting qualification or equivalent
- Progressive experience in accounting, business partnering, financial reporting and analysis within a large international organisation
- Superior analytical skills coupled with good strategic business understanding leading to key business insight
- Ability to draw high quality analysis out of the results that drive decisions
- Strong people skills, confident and comfortable at engaging collaboratively in an intellectual and multinational environment at all levels
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with passion for excellence and innovation
- Have a good appreciation of core best practice financial accounting standards, policies, processes and systems.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Andrew Waters. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.