Finance and Commercial Director
This is a Finance and Commercial Director opportunity working for a high growth, technology company based in the Midlands. The Finance and Commercial Director appointed, together with the rest of the executive management team on the board, will have a pivotal role in shaping the future success of the business.
Details about the Client
Our client is a high growth, entrepreneurial, technology focused SME. Time and again, they have inspired the market through new product innovation and service offerings. Their continued and increasing investment in delivering the best products and services, has delivered sustained company growth and has resulted in market share, user numbers and usage growing across all product lines. This has delivered real and tangible success with turnover increasing year on year for the last 5 years to over £13million. They have also achieved record profits and are clear market leaders in their specialist field. Looking ahead, they are forecasting continued growth in their existing markets and entering new, related markets, both through investment and/or acquisition. The Finance and Commercial Director will be crucial in ensuring continued success in the business and importantly, will benefit from a positive, caring work environment, where people are truly valued and can develop to their full potential.
Detailed Job Description
As the Finance and Commercial Director, based in the Midlands, you will be a key part of the Executive Board, reporting directly to the Chief Executive. The role of Finance and Commercial Director is critical to support the growth plans of the company. You will help to shape the overall strategy of the business and help determine long term organisational objectives, as well as leading the development of your own functional areas.
This is a key Board appointment and you will have overall responsibility for Finance, in addition to HR, Customer Services, Legal and Compliance, Product Research and Building Maintenance. You will be responsible for ensuring all functional objectives are met and aligned with the overall organisational strategy. A proactive approach to management is essential as the business continues to grow; this is a key leadership role. You will work with the team, proactively and insightfully identifying areas of opportunity and risk, guiding the team to ensure that business objectives and targets are met and, ideally, exceeded.
The Finance and Commercial Director, together with existing board members, will be instrumental in future growth and success.
For this Finance and Commercial Director opportunity in the Midlands successful candidates must have/be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Strong experience of working within fast growth, technology, SME environments is desirable and the capability to provide clear financial direction to complement strategic plans is essential.
- It is essential that you have a proven track record in leading the finance and commercial ‘engine' of an organisation that provides complex solutions.
- Proven ability to lead and manage is also an essential pre-requisite, as well as a track record in establishing high performing finance functions.
- Technically minded, with relevant commercial experience, as well as the ability to contribute to strategic discussions whilst ensuring the company is financially stable at all times
- Flexible, hands on approach; able to take on multiple tasks and work on own initiative
- Excellent Access and Excel skills are required.
What's on Offer
Six figure package with equity opportunity
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE13791307Z