Our client, an International, private equity backed services business based in Central London are looking for a Commercial Controls Manager to support the business leaders across the business, including the Commercial Directors, MDs, FDs and Group Finance. The Business unit has grown to over £1bn in revenue per annum and has expanded extensively in the UK, across Europe and several regions on a global basis. It is likely that the group will seek to explore M&A activities and commercial opportunities in the medium term, coupled with advancing commercial opportunities in the US.
As a result of new strategy, the Group have created a new opportunity for a Commercial Controls Manager to establish the controls function globally. You will ultimately be responsible for building relationships across the Group, understanding the current controls and processes and identifying potential risks throughout the business, with the aim to standardise and improve the control environment. These would include financial, HR, sales and operational controls processes.
This opportunity would suit a naturally talented individual who has the drive, ambition and potential to advance in a rapidly growing business. The business prides itself on hiring exceptional talent and because of this the internal progression opportunities are excellent and the exposure this opportunity offers with the business leaders across the group will give you a real insight into the business.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Partnering with the Business leaders across the Group, including the Commercial Directors, MDs, FDs and Group Finance
- Understanding the current controls and processes globally
- Identifying and raising key risks within the control framework
- Setting up and maintaining an annual work plan
- Reporting findings and suggestions for improvements to business leads
- Various projects to initiate and lead from a controls improvement perspective
- Supporting the commercialisation process, identifying and analysing margins across the group
- Working with the Groups auditors to address any feedback with regards to the control environment
- Travelling globally to assess the current controls and processes (up to 30% travel in the first year)
- Reporting to the key stakeholders including an update on progress, report findings outcomes and actions
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with the ability to work autonomously and run various projects globally. You will possess strong analytical and reporting writing skills and have the ability to identify trends and anomalies. You will be an ambitious individual who is looking to develop their skills and take more ownership within an environment of constant change. The ability to influence others and drive change is imperative to this role.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Jane Knight, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.