Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Interim to Permanent
Our exclusive client is an award winning £10m turnover Private Equity-backed Technology services business which is growing at around 25% per annum. With a dynamic customer service-led culture the business has a strong and growing Blue Chip customer base. Following a recent strategic acquisition the business is targeting strong revenue growth over the next 3 to 4 years. A corporate transaction (exit) is likely during the same period and there is scope for further acquisitions.
The business is now seeking to appoint a CFO with broad responsibilities encompassing Finance, HR, IT, Quality, Procurement & Administration.
This is a permanent role but the company is initially seeking candidates who should ideally be available to start within 1 month.
Working closely with the CEO, the CFO will play an integral role in driving controlled profitable growth and helping prepare the business for eventual exit in due course. The role is broad, hands on and has substantial operational focus.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of the Finance, HR, IT, Quality, Procurement & Administration aspects of the strategic plan;
- Leading and developing the finance team to provide a commercially aware support service to the business’s operations;
- Robust management of working capital;
- Leverage the benefits of the recent implementation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV to enable enhanced efficiency, insight and support for well-informed commercial decision making throughout the business;
- Providing commercial finance support and control to the sales and contract bidding process, protecting and improving margins and ensuring that contract terms are appropriate and free from potentially onerous or IP-damaging clauses;
- Managing the key relationships with the Private Equity investors, providers of debt finance and other external stakeholders.
Key attributes of the successful candidate include the following:
- Commercially astute qualified accountant;
- Experience in a business which supplies and installs a product with ongoing maintenance contracts and/or provides ongoing maintenance/support services would be advantageous;
- Able to operate at both a detailed and strategic level, hands on operationally whilst always conscious of the bigger picture;
- Experience of working outside of finance encompassing operations, procurement and other non-finance functions;
- Experience of working across multiple sites;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV would be distinctly advantageous (but not essential);
- Experience in a Private Equity backed business would be relevant although not essential.