Partner Financial is currently working with a Media/Entertainment group based in London. The group have ambitious growth plans for the next 3-5 years, finance will play a key role in their expansion and therefore they are looking for a driven, charismatic individual to join them in a Financial Controller capacity.
The organisation has a strong brand within the entertainment industry and has a unique blend of content production and distribution globally. The Financial Controller position will provide an exciting, challenging and broad opportunity across all areas of financial control and will act as a number two for the Chief Financial Officer across a number of areas including leading on a group wide finance transformation project. You will lead a finance team of up to 20, have full responsibility for all board, statutory reporting, tax, treasury, internal controls and project lead on numerous systems and process improvements. One of the key requirements of this role will be to identify talent, help to build and develop a best in class finance function.
The client is looking for an ambitious individual who can build relationships outside of finance, is able to influence and ultimately build a finance function that can deliver accurate and timely results.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Leadership and support to the CFO, Executive Team and the central finance team ensuring that the internal controls, systems, processes and team are positioned to provide accurate, timely data, both internally and externally
- Management of central finance team to deliver
- Annual and quarterly statutory reporting, including audit and compliance
- Accurate and high quality consolidated reporting to deadline
- Production of monthly board pack
- Month-end close
- Manage tax and treasury across international territories
- Compilation of annual budget and quarterly forecasting
- Prepare and analyse weekly cash flow forecasts, presenting to senior management with commentary
- Support across acquisitions including due diligence, financing and integration
- Lead in key initiatives such as new systems deployment, design of new financial operation model, financial controls and review of all end to end processes across P2P and R2R
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- ACA/ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Media/Entertainment exposure
- Strong leadership of transactional finance teams of 10+
- Up to date technical knowledge on accounting regulations
- Tax and treasury
- Internal Controls – review and improvement
- Systems integration/implementation experience
- The appetite to be involved in a multitude of projects and a desire to continuously develop the finance function
Interested candidates should send their CV to Andrew Waters. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.