Are you a senior manager looking for the next challenge?
Are you a consultant wanting more reward and greater control?
Becoming one of The Consultancy Company’s team of Consultants may be right for you.
Who we are:
We are a peer to peer organisation with the ethos that a team of like-minded experts will be more successful working together. We work with clients across all sectors of business life, industry, small business, healthcare and local government. In the private sector our projects are mainly around the supply chain and manufacturing with clients as diverse as BAE, GE Healthcare, Rotork, Edwards vacuum and IMechE.
In the public sector our focus has been on change in social care, primary care, housing, local government, transport and procurement. At the last count we have worked with 64 different public bodies including Tri-Borough, Brent CCG, Newham CCG, Stroud District council and SEPT (a group of NHS hospitals).
Think of this as an entrepreneurial role, even a business within a business requiring self-motivation and tenacity. We provide a great support structure to help you achieve your goals, and will help guide and nurture you and your capabilities.
Our consultants are remunerated by splitting client fees, it is not a salaried role. The fee split system rewards individuals who deliver consultancy, who convert an enquiry into a customer and also rewards those who find the client in the first place. Even if the client doesn’t need your speciality you can gain an income stream promoting a colleague’s expertise. Income will fluctuate and you will need an initial financial buffer to cover initial training and the time it takes to get up to speed.
What we offer:
- The backing of a successful consultancy with case studies and an excellent track record (70% repeat business).
- The support of like-minded senior experienced people and a good back office support structure.
- Training on how to promote yourself and win consultancy assignments
- Coaching/mentoring and Continual professional development
- A route to become a Certified Management Consultant (backed by the Institute of Consulting).
- Help to transition from corporate life to Consultancy (if required)
What we are looking for:
- Someone who has worked at Director or Senior Manager level
- Extensive experience of multiple project implementation.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in one or more defined organisational or functional areas.
- Based preferably within 2 hours of Oxford and able and willing to commit to regular meetings in Oxfordshire
- Ability and drive to obtain face to face meetings with prospective clients (our training and support will help you convert those meetings to projects)
- Expertise in strategic thinking and problem solving
- Willingness to work alongside clients in a practical hands on style.
- Enthusiasm to make a difference
Further details available on our web site www.the-consultancy.co.uk
If that sounds interesting and you fit the requirements please click apply and send us a copy of your CV with a short note to explain where you are in your career and we will get back to you in a few days.