Our client is a global leader in commercial real estate services, supporting clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The business has in excess of 40,000 employees in more than 60 countries providing deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors.
With revenues in excess of $5 billion, the firm provides a range of core services including but not limited to; portfolio strategy, agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facilities services, global occupier services, investment management, tenant representation, valuations & advisory.
The business is ever adapting to the global demands of the sector and is investing in people and infrastructure to take advantage of market demand, creating shareholder value and market share. Establishing competitive advantage and cutting edge services at a global level, create a dynamic and fast moving culture for individuals who aspire to being the best in class.
Individuals must be adept and comfortable working in a global matrix based business and possess a service driven and collaborative attitude in ensuring that tax is fully integrated in all business functions.
This is an important leadership role within the senior management structure of the EMEA region, interfacing with all key executives. Fundamentally, the position plays a leading role in tax planning and strategy on an international basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing dedicated tax expertise, developing international tax strategy and driving the implementation of optimal solutions;
- Advising on all indirect tax planning requirements;
- Advising on tax aspects of projects being undertaken by the group such as acquisitions, restructuring and implementing group wide systems;
- Full accountability for compliance across EMEA;
- Reviewing processes across the combined group and driving process improvements through the use of technology to streamline tax controllership responsibilities;
- Coordinating and ensuring strong working relationships with authorities, including HMRC and Customs;
- Managing tax audits and queries from across a number of EMEA jurisdictions;
- Developing relationships and dealing directly with external advisors and authorities;
- Building relationships and working with stakeholders in London and across the EMEA region;
- Drafting responses to enquiries from tax authorities throughout EMEA;
- Reviewing commercial contracts and collaborating with other experts in ensuring consistency and alignment with global strategy;
- Monitoring and advising on proposed jurisdictive changes and implementing recommended practices;
- Preparing complex financial information and presenting to a wide range of individuals from different functional disciplines;
- Supporting the preparation of transfer pricing documentation and project managing stakeholders in the process;
- Keeping up to date with amendments to European transfer pricing laws.
The successful candidate will be an appropriately qualified professional and have demonstrable expertise in corporate transactions as well as direct and indirect tax across multi jurisdictions in the EMEA region. It will be advantageous to provide evidence of developing successful working partnerships in a complex and/or matrix based organisation. Communication remains core to the success of implementing tax strategies and integrating best practice.
Interested candidates should feel free to have a confidential discussion with Josh Edmunds of the retained firm, Partner Financial by calling 020 3178 4996.