Director of Commercial Finance & Financial Planning
This is an exciting time to join one of the fastest growing companies in the world as its business continues to expand internationally and evolve, there's an opportunity to develop professionally and gain experience in a fast-paced and supportive Finance team as a Senior Director reporting to the Group CFO.
With offices around the world, this firm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to its successes in the global marketplace.
As a key member of the Finance Leadership team, the Director role is responsible for providing support to the Executive Committee around financial decision making including the provision of both current and future performance analysis; essential input to the Forecasting, Budgeting and 10 year planning processes as well as; financial leadership for key business developments.
The overall FP&A function provides business partnering to the group and functional owners to enhance the financial performance of the business. The FP&A team, serves as an advisory function providing analytic driven insight to support effective decision making across the business. The role both supports and challenges the business owners, which ensures that a considered view is taken across the business for key decisions.
Key Responsibilities include:
Provides a 'Business Partner' framework across the group ensuring that the business owners are supported with the valued insight and information at all times. This role is a sounding board and counsel and confidante for the senior leaders across the business providing the following:
- Support for Budgeting and Forecasting
- Monthly reporting and analysis
- Business case evaluation
- 5yr Planning
- Ad-hoc projects
Finance Leadership Team:
- Maintain effective cross functional relationships
- Bridge the gap between Corporate Finance and the FP&A Team to ensure the appropriate coordination of all relevant financial activities
- Input into the Finance strategy and plan
- Provide leadership to the FP&A Finance team and wider overall Finance team
- Understand the business's strategic and operating plans and develop approaches to support objective decision-making across all aspects of business performance
- Oversees a governance framework, including responsibility for ensuring integrity of analysis, which assures the quality and accuracy of insight provision across the group
- Collaborates with senior leadership teams across the group to develop and implement relevant metrics and other measurements to assist in improving business results
- Lead and drive the development of business partnering across the FP&A and wider finance function to establish a true culture of business partnering, insight and support across Finance
Strategic & Performance Orientation:
- Develops and delivers presentations to senior leaders regarding business performance and metrics that impact business outcomes
- Drives business initiatives that serve as a catalyst for change by helping leaders and managers deliver successful change programmes that impact on the business
- Prompts of the emergent risks and issues to drive strategic interventions and business action
- Prediction of future outcomes and impacts including half year and full year guidance to CFO
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence:
- Experience of building, managing and leading a high-performing team focussed on providing subject matter expertise to a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders
- Lead a team of analysts and managers that are competent in the selection and application of appropriate analysis and modelling techniques for business performance management
- Designs, conducts, and directs other staff regarding business performance and analysis that produces actionable insights
Professional qualification in finance ACCA, ACA, CIMA or economics, or applicable discipline. Extensive experience managing a 'business partner environment', in same or similar EMEA or global organisation with multiple business groups and diverse people.
- Strong knowledge of business strategy development, business process management, budgeting and business operations
- Proven ability based experience in talent management, organisational design, talent development and acquisition
- Excellent project management skills and proven leadership and communication ability
- Strong leadership skills, able to inspire, coach and motivate a team, while maintaining a wide range of relationships across the business and the industry sector as required
- Experience of operating at a senior level with the ability to work in a matrix way; this role will have strong accountability to the Group CFO and other Exec members as necessary
- Common sense, pragmatic, practical approach, with the ability to make good decisions and drive to follow through on commitments
- Ability to drive through change within the context of an overall changing business model and an open approach to new ways of working. Specific attention to driving cultural change within the overall Finance organisation and acting as a role model and a leader in all situations