Our client, a multi-billion pound, private equity backed global services business based in Central London is looking for a Financial Controller, to support the CFO. They are fast becoming the global leaders in the sector due to their service focus, driving organic growth. The business continues to perform above market comparisons through acquisitions and by continuing investment in the company.
You will ultimately be responsible for the month end, quarter end and year end close for the UK entities, ensuring that all internal financial controls are adhered to. You will support the preparation of internal controllership reporting, regulatory and statutory reporting for the UK entities. A highly visible role, this position supports the CFO in the provision of internal and external financial reporting, whilst maintaining financial control and integrity in line with the EMEA Controllership function.
This opportunity would suit a naturally talented individual who has the drive, ambition and potential to advance in a rapidly growing business.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Managing the close process for the UK entities
- Working closely with the controllership team to deliver key month end close activities
- Ensuring financial data integrity through the SOX control framework
- Supporting the EMEA Controller and CFO in maintaining financial compliance
- Identifying and recommending improvements for the accounting systems
- Managing the revenue recognition review process for the UK
- Working with the Financial Reporting Manager to manager the statutory and regulatory accounts and audit process for the UK
- Managing the statutory accounts, tax submissions, VAT and other regulatory reporting
- Partnering with the internal finance functions to ensure aligned on policies
- Supporting the UK quarterly and annual accounts
- Supporting the CFO with ad-hoc projects
The successful candidate will be an ACA qualified accountant with a solid technical background including exposure to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP. You will possess strong communication skills and be able to motivate and lead a team. You will be an ambitious individual who is looking to develop their skills and take more ownership within an environment of constant change. The ability to influence others and drive change is imperative to this role.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Jane Knight, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.