Financial Reporting Manager
Syndicate Financial Reporting Manager
The Main Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Syndicate Finance Operations Manager you will be responsible for the management of year-end financial and monthly management accounts for Syndicates, Managing Agency and related Capital Provider including:
- The preparation, timeliness and accuracy of management, regulatory and statutory accounts for the entities. This includes adherence to the group wide reporting timetables and Group reporting standards and IFRS reporting.
- Operating effective oversight of financial processes and controls for the entities
- Delivery of accurate financial information to the Reporting, Planning and Analytics team under the Service Level Agreement in place
Key Responsibilities will include
The role will be responsible for production of the following:
- Day to day accounting services including record keeping, reconciliations and overall ownership of the general ledger accounts
- Financial governance and control framework
- Statutory reporting production, including ensuring accounts are prepared in accordance with the Group Accounting Policies
- Management of external audit relationship
- Management reporting production, including monthly control pack and submission of data to Group Finance Operations via HFM or supplementary data packs
- All relevant financial control processes and quality checks to ensure accurate data is produced. This will include review of all manual journal adjustments, including technical intercompany transactions and associated reconciliations.
- Preparation of Audit Committee papers and financial information for Board papers
The holder will be responsible for managing a team of approx. six staff in London and will be expected to look for operational efficiencies and improvements wherever possible. This is a highly technical role, requiring strong knowledge of insurance accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP and the ability to analyse financial information to ensure quality submission of results.