Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Manchester City Council (MCC) is undergoing an unprecedented amount of change and is at the forefront of driving integration across Public Services. In this newly created and highly influential post of Chief Information Officer (CIO), you will drive transformational change in one of the UK’s largest and most progressive Councils.
This high-profile role will lead and direct the Information Communication Technology ensuring the strategy is aligned to the delivery of the City’s strategic priorities and enables its services to effectively deliver.
To meet these challenges this new two year fixed term post of CIO has been established to position ICT at the centre of the Council. This new post will report directly to the Chief Executive and have a seat on the Strategic Management Team (SMT) with matrix management arrangements through to the Deputy City Treasurer.
You will be an experienced CIO who has successfully turned around an ICT function in a large complex organisation with a strong track record of effective leadership. You will have experience of and the capability to build a high performing team and function and transform business change and delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- An experienced leadership team of seven direct reports, including Enterprise Architecture, Service & Operations, Delivery & Test, PMO and Business Engagement
- Strategic direction of an ICT function of c160 FTE
- Delivery of an IT strategy and roadmap architecture that enables the achievement of MCC’s priorities
- Working with the SMT to shape and prioritise the change portfolio across the Council
- An efficient and effective ICT Service – owning and achieving budgets and ensuring value for money IT, including effective deployment of 3rd parties
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced CIO to join the Council and make a difference to the City of Manchester. If you feel that you have the required skills, experience and approach to embrace and successfully deliver against this challenge we look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like more information/background about the role please contact Alec Laurie for an informal confidential discussion on 0161 850 0830 and a full recruitment pack.
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted to our advising Consultants, Laudale Associates by responding directly to this advert with your CV.
Initial interviews will be with Laudale w/c 27th April and 8th May.