Non-Executive Director (NED) with excellent commercial acumen and legal and corporate governance knowledge, is required by a leading property and construction consultancy.
Our client is a one of the UK's leading property and construction consultancies, with headquarters in London and offices across the UK. It is looking for an Independent Non-Executive Director to join its main PLC Board. The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
1) Proven commercial acumen with first-hand experience of developing and executing successful growth strategies.
2) Legal knowledge. A qualified lawyer with business experience would be preferred but candidates without legal qualifications who have held responsibility for corporate legal matters will also be considered.
3) Excellent knowledge of corporate governance and the responsibilities of an independent Non Exec. (Prior experience of being a Non Exec, however, is not required and applications are welcomed from candidates who have not been a Non Exec before, especially from those who wish to combine the role with an ongoing Executive role in another organisation.)
4) Current or very recent Executive experience at Director or Partner level (or close equivalent) in the private sector.
5) Experience of a multi-location business would be useful but is not essential.
6) An independent and flexible thinker; open to new ideas and able to modify views and constructively challenge.
The successful candidate will be expected to work between 15 and 20 days for the company including attending quarterly PLC Board meetings in Central London, the AGM and other ad hoc meetings. In return he or she will be paid a fee of £12,000 a year.
The appointment will be made on merit but giving due regard for the benefits of diversity. The Board is currently all male, and so female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply, although it will be the most suitable candidate regardless of gender who will ultimately be appointed.
This role will close at 12 noon on the 9th March 2015