Head of Data Science
Seeking a passionate Head of Data Science to spearhead the design and integration of advanced statistical modelling and modernise traditional reporting methods to drive decision-making translating to growth.
This opportunity is for you if you thrive on identifying opportunities to propel business priorities while demonstrating a creative, pragmatic approach to the application of Data Science & Analytics methodologies in a commercial setting.
A profitable and growing business.
- Lead the design and implementation of advanced analytical systems for data exploration, data mining and predictive modelling
- Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refine existing data sources
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and senior leadership to support and inform data-enhanced strategic decisions
- Work to develop a deep and complex understanding of customers
- Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad-hoc projects
- Translate and communicate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization
- Senior analytics or consulting role in a corporate setting
- Advanced Degree (i.e.: Master's or Ph.D.) with a specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Experimental Science, Data Science, Economics, Operations Research or other quantitative field or equivalent a plus
- Experience in statistical methods (i.e., parametric and non-parametric statistics; time-series, panel data analysis, survival analysis, etc.) and machine learning techniques (i.e., methods of supervised and unsupervised learning such as clustering, regression, classification, ensemble methods, etc.)
- Financial modelling skills preferable
- Working knowledge of multiple analytics and programming languages such as R, Python, SAS, Julia, Java, Scala or similar
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of the differences between modelling approaches and when they are appropriate
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of employees and management
If collaboration, innovation and strategy is your thing - this opportunity is for you.