3 days left
Financial Reporting Advisory Board
HM Treasury is seeking a new Chair of the Financial Reporting Advisory Board (FRAB). The Board advises UK public sector accounting standard setters on matters related to financial reporting. Created in 1996, the Board plays a valuable independent role in the accounting standard setting process.
The Chair performs an important leadership role on the Board and will require the following qualities:
- Proven track record of chairing or strong leadership capability at this level
- Strong professional grounding within the accounting and finance profession
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to represent the FRAB effectively with a wide range of public and private stakeholders
- Political awareness to recognise the sensitivity of the FRABs role as an independent advisory body to government
- Strong intellectual qualities with an ability to set the FRABs strategic direction
- An understanding of public finance and reporting and the influencing power of the FRAB
The Board currently meets three times a year, normally in London and is For more information on the role or the application process, please contact:
The applications process will close on 20th February 2019. The appointee will be asked to attend the next Board meeting on 4th April 2019 at which the existing chair will step down.
HM Treasury is committed to ensuring it has a truly diverse workforce. All disabled applicants will be guaranteed an interview, provided they meet the minimum criteria for the post, and inform the recruiting manager of their eligibility in their covering letter.