Economic & Financial Director - Financial Services
Join this exciting Financial Services Consultancy, the economic and finance team advises decision makers in diverse circumstances. They provide expertise in complex financial instruments and derivatives to clients globally.
My client is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by their values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. They are large enough to be trusted by clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
The Financial Services team advises decision makers in diverse circumstances. They provide expertise in complex financial instruments and derivatives to clients globally. They cumulate decades of experience in trading, investment management, valuation and risk management covering multiple asset classes including equity, fixed income, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, interest rates and energy. They serve a wide range of market participants and offer cross-industry expertise to clients globally (buy side, sell side, financial intermediaries and regulators), in special and complex situations, including; Valuation and Risk management, Disputes, Litigation & Arbitration, Investigation and Transactions advisory.
Directors have a central role on projects, taking day-to-day responsibility for delivery, organisation of the work into streams, and the effective coordination of Consultants and Senior Consultants. Typically, Directors will develop, along with Senior Directors and more senior project team members, the approach to projects, or parts of large projects, and are responsible for anticipating, identifying and resolving issues and keeping Senior Directors informed of progress. Directors are responsible for the preparation of formal reports, including their structure and content.
Directors will develop and manage a network of professional relationships with clients and others.
The role will also involve:
- Supporting the senior team with writing articles and preparing proposals and presentations for new opportunities;
- Performing research and collaborating in the implementation of proprietary valuation and risk management solutions; and
- Developing practical and effective solutions to address client issues, by bringing industry insight and experiences.
The qualifications and experience my client would typically look for in Director Candidates:
- BA/BSc, MSc, PhD in a quantitative discipline.
- In the process of completing or having completed a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA, CQF, FRM, CAIA) is considered an advantage.
- Strong work experience in quantitative finance, derivative valuation or risk management roles in investment banking, asset management or energy/commodity trading.
- Prior work experience in an advisory capacity and prior experience at delivering projects in a contentious context (litigation, arbitration, investigations or disputes) are attractive.
- Sufficient relevant professional experience to demonstrate the ability to be an effective Director and alignment with the firm's values.
- A good understanding of financial instruments and derivatives valuation and/or risk management techniques across asset classes (equity, fixed income, credit, foreign exchange, interest rates, commodities, energy).
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of other relevant analytical software such as Microsoft VBA or Access is desirable; Advanced programming knowledge particularly in Python and potentially in other languages (e.g. R Studio, C++); Working knowledge of database systems and financial data providers (e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters)
Successful consultancy with ambitious growth plans
Support to grow and develop
Elite advisory position
My client is an equal opportunity employer who is proud of their inclusive culture.