This job is no longer available
About our client:
Our client is a cutting edge Life Sciences business that has transformed scientific discoveries into advances in human healthcare.
The Global Category Director, Lab supplies will drive the overall analysis from a worldwide/ global standpoint for the procurement function. Primarily the Global Category Director, Lab supplies will focus on commodity procurement (lab supplies) processes. The Global Category Director, Lab supplies will leverage a lean methodology to drive both cost savings and process efficiencies through the RFP, RFQ, Procure to Pay, Strategic Sourcing activities globally. Additionally the Global Category Director, Lab supplies will partner with other areas of global Supply Chain operations to ensure quality standards are met and cross functional synergies are achieved. The Global Category Director, Lab supplies will have an analytical focus and report direct to the Head of Procurement.
- Develop process strategy within purchasing operations on a global level through both onsite and factory based personnel
- Leverage all cloud based procurement & sourcing tools through activities such as reverse auctions, web based RFP/RFQ, and related
- Responsible for supplier performance and supplier quality
- Manage a small team of Procurement Analysts
- Ad hoc Analysis - creating competitive bidding packages, performing should-cost analyses, developing contractual term sheets, etc.
- Partner with senior executives to establish a clear vision for the purchasing function
Who we're looking for:
- BA/BS is required with MBA or Master level degree desirable; Ideal candidates will have significant experience in the life sciences (medical device, biotechnology, pharmaceutical etc.) industry as well as experience in Clinical and lab supplies is a must.
- Operations Research or Management Consulting a plus
This position requires a candidate who has experience designing and implementing Procurement best practices in complex - and growing - commercial organizations.
International work experience is required.
A background that includes developing a purchasing function on a global scale is preferred.
What's on offer:
Strong salary plus bonus and stock potential.
Contact: Jillian Williams, 617 428 3680 - Jobref: 1001638