Head of Research Strategy (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a self-motivated and sharp minded individual to join our Research Strategy team. The Research Strategy team determines our research priorities and our approach to drive strategic shifts to deliver progress against our ambitious objectives. Can you..
- Own the process of overall strategy development, delivery and stakeholder management
- Develop frameworks to evaluate the implementation and impact of the research strategy
- Bring insight to the process of strategy development, ensuring that we find ways of spending our research money more effectively
- Represent Cancer Research UK in interaction with partner organisations, ensuring Cancer Research UK is informing opinion and best practice
- Bring forward the day that all cancers are cured
We’re game changers. Here at Cancer Research UK, we aim to save more lives by preventing, controlling and curing cancer. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold in our work. Now we have an opportunity for you to lead a dedicated team of Strategy Managers, this exciting new role will direct the ongoing development and refinement of CRUK’s Research strategy.
You’ll be coordinating strategy development and supporting the Chief Scientist, Chief Clinician and Science Research Funding (SRF) Directors in strategic planning across Cancer Research’s entire research portfolio.
To take on this exciting challenge, you’ll have:
- A strong background in business strategy, ideally gained through management consultancy or internal consultancy positions, preferably in the healthcare sector or in a research funding organisation
- Strong strategic thinking expertise and experience, together with a working knowledge of strategic planning tools and frameworks
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to influence others effectively, including at a senior level
- The ability to communicate complex issues simply and in a way that delivers actionable insight and recommendations
Our passion, determination and ambition lead us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets. If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career.
How to Apply:
To apply, simply click the link below to take you through to our careers website where you can submit your application.
Location - Angel Building
Length of contract - up to 12 months
Contract - Fixed Term Contract
Contracted Hours (per week) - Full Time (35 hours)
Closing Date - 14/09/2014 23:55