This job is no longer available
Founded in 1990, Cedar International School is a well-established, well-resourced international private school located on an attractive purpose-built campus on the island of Tortola in the beautiful British Virgin Islands. It serves about 235 students, offers the full IB curriculum and is accredited by CIS and MSA. Cedar graduates study at a wide range of universities in the USA, UK, Canada and elsewhere..
The school Board is now looking for an outstanding Development Director, someone who combines a successful track record in business management, marketing, sales or similar entrepreneurial activity with a genuine interest in and commitment to international education. The successful candidate will be energetic, innovative and creative, and will play a key strategic role in Cedar’s future development.
He or she will:
- Relish the challenge and opportunity of growing a small but highly successful international school in the British Virgin Islands into a highly regarded global player in the international school field
- Know how to capitalize on the school’s attractive Caribbean location, its successful delivery of the highly regarded International Baccalaureate curriculum, and its recent acquisition of new land to create and implement a development plan that ensures future growth
- Recognise that successful development strategies on a small island must be a global plan that extends development strategy beyond the island community
- Be willing to think beyond traditional development strategies to “re-envision” school development in a way that capitalizes on the unique positioning of Cedar as an institution
- Bachelor’s degree
- Significant business development, sales, marketing or similar entrepreneurial experience
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Willingness to start as early as October/November 2014 if possible and no later than January 2015
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated understanding of non-financial aspects of school development, including community-building and public relations
- Experience with and appreciation for a diverse international cultural context
- Base compensation and benefits will be commensurate with other senior management level positions at Cedar
- The compensation package will also include significant performance-based measures.
- The Development Director may not be required to reside full-time in the British Virgin Islands, if the successful candidate’s circumstances are such that objectives can be met without full-time residency.
British Virgin Islands offer a very low tax regime - 12% of salary, with the first $10,000 being tax exempt.