This job is no longer available
Cardiff, (can be based out of Merseyside with weekly travel to Cardiff as a minimum).
Circa £50,000 - £80,000 excellent benefits + relocation package will be considered.
As the Recoveries Manager, you will lead the Service and Supplier Relationship Managers to enable them to pro-actively manage and support the end to end service delivery of an external supplier base to exceed business targets, attending supplier reviews where required. You will lead and shape the delivery of all recoveries strategies, including Litigation, DCA Placement and Debtsale, to achieve the business goals. You will also ensure the Supplier Relationship Managers are consistently providing a high level of performance from all suppliers and where appropriate challenge these relationships to ensure they are providing the optimum commercial return. In additional the Recoveries Manager will provide subject matter expert operational and strategic guidance and recommendations to executive level stakeholders with excellent stakeholder management a key requirement of the role.
What you will need?
- Experience of successfully managing high value commercial relationships with strong commercial acumen and excellent stakeholder management
- Strong analytical capability and deliver out value adding recommendations and changes
- Strong knowledge and experience of developing and executing litigation and non-litigation recoveries strategies and an appreciation of portfolio dynamics and how these are influenced by internal and external factors
- Strong knowledge and experience of leading Debt Collection Agency Management and Debtsale execution
- Leadership experience within a Collections and Recoveries environment
- Understanding of robust financial management and accounting principles
- Confident Communicator including platform presentations, negotiation and influencing a range of stakeholders
- Strong Knowledge of risk and rigour management, corporate governance, knowledge of the regulatory environment (e.g. CCA, DPA, OFT, OFCOM, Banking Code)
- Basic knowledge of project management tools and techniques
Innovation in your career:
In a world of change and innovation, Barclaycard is leading the way. Dynamic, vibrant and always looking for new ways to make payments simpler for our customers, we love success. Our people reflect this attitude in everything they do, and their dedication to innovative thinking means that we are looking forward to an exciting and profitable future.
Barclaycard started in the UK but we now operate around the world, issuing cards throughout Europe, the USA, Africa, the Middle East and the Far East. With over 23 million customers, our dedication to making payments simpler for our customer, be they consumers, retailers or merchants, means we are looking forward to an exciting and profitable future.
What you will get in return?
With a highly competitive salary and an attractive pension package, you’ll enjoy a great range of benefits at Barclaycard. Private healthcare and above average holiday entitlements are standard, and we’ll match your career aspirations to superb training and development opportunities.
About this company:
As part of Barclays Retail and Business Banking, Barclaycard has become a leader in offering innovative, convenient and flexible payment options to businesses and consumers alike. The company has established a significant international presence with 23.5 million customers globally and locations across 20 countries in Europe, North America, Asia, and Africa.
Barclaycard is deeply involved in pioneering mobile and contactless payment technology to create seamless integration with the needs of the future.