Senior IT Audit Manager
This job has now expired
FTSE 100 business is recruiting a Senior IT Audit Manager with extensive international exposure (c. 20% travel). Reporting to the Regional Head of Audit, the Senior IT Audit Manager plays a key role in helping set the direction of the audit function and influencing changes to the control environment within the UK&I, EMEA and APAC regions, so that risk is managed more effectively. This role is a great opportunity to join a dynamic business with progression opportunities.
This position gives the holder a broad insight into all aspects of this truly international business, with high levels of exposure to senior management. It is regarded as a means of developing managerial talent of the future, either within the broader business or for more senior roles in the audit team.
- Takes a lead role in developing the annual Internal Audit IT activity plan
- Develops the scope of internal audit reviews and agrees them with management
- Manages internal audits
- Reviews draft audit reports, and agrees the findings and proposed actions with the business owners
- Coaches and mentors team members to help drive greater department effectiveness
- Identifies and leads other ad hoc, project and investigation work as required, both within the department and across the broader organisation
- Acts as a champion for the concepts of internal control and risk
- Maintains a professional development plan to improve technical, interpersonal and management skills
- Demonstrates high levels of personal integrity at all times
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Influencing skills and gravitas, so that senior management will buy-in to changes being proposed
- The ability to work independently and proactively
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to governance and change
- A problem solver who proposes innovative solutions
- An approach that champions collaboration and consultation
You are likely to have a strong academics background with experience of working in a multinational environment and excellent technical IT knowledge in relevant areas (e.g. data security; cloud computing; data loss prevention; software development methodologies; etc). You are likely to have a professional qualifications (e.g. CISA; CISSP; ITIL; CISM).