Head of Finance
The Head of Finance will be responsible for overseeing all corporate financial accounting and reporting activities and ensuring that the company abide by regulations and laws when performing the duties associated with the Head of Finance. Ensure that internal controls, procedures and guidelines conform to the top management directives, industry practices and government rules. The Head of Finance position is varied and will also include financial management, forecasting and budgeting. Overseeing the processing of invoices, salaries and pensions will also form an integral element of this position. Experience of maintaining a P11D register and managing external audit relationships is also paramount for this business critical Head of Finance position. Owning the responsibility for the reconciliation of the business accounts, and preparing to diligently report the monthly management accounts to senior board members.
- Financial Management, forecasting, budgeting and controlling spend
- Preparation of client and business accounts, resulting in the monthly Management Accounts
- Oversees the processing of Invoices, Salaries and Pensions
- Maintaining the P11D register and reporting to external auditors
- Supports the other parts of the business in financial matters
- Payment of company expenses ensuring submitted expenses adhere to the company expenses policy
- Acts as Company Secretary
The ideal candidate for the position of Head of Finance will possess a pro-active mentality, with the confidence and gravitas to offer business change recommendations where necessary. Demonstrable communication skills, coupled with a personable nature and a results driven attitude are traits needed for successful applicants. The ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of revenue vs cost will be all important. Some experience in a similar financial position is essential. Part qualified to minimum of CIMA level 2 with an extensive understanding of SAGE accounting software will be crucial to successful applications.
- Part qualified to a minimum of CIMA level 2 (Essential)
- Extensive SAGE accounting experience
- Some accounting financial experience (Essential)
- Pro-active Approach
- Personable Nature
- Results Driven
- Good computer literacy with experience using computer based accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheets and other standard business software
- Understanding the month end close process and periodic reporting cycle of a busy finance function
As part of our team we will provide you with an ongoing training and career development plan, with clearly defined objectives to ensure that you succeed. This is an opportunity to take a real step forward in your career with an organisation dedicated to its people.
- Ongoing Training & Development Plan
- 20 Days annual leave
- Contributory Pension (after qualifying period)
- £60k - £70k + Bonus & Benefits
- Private Healthcare (after qualifying period)
A fully FCA regulated Foreign Exchange brokerage, based in London, with almost 15 years of industry expertise and recognised in The Sunday Times top 100 best small companies to work for list. With access to over 130 major and local market currencies and a range of products we offer both our corporate and private clients a strategic streamlined approach to international trading, treasury and risk management. We are a company that has grown steadily to become a recognised market leader, with a reputation for looking after staff by offering a host of benefits and remuneration packages. From our monthly celebration of success to our annual skiing trip our focus is on harnessing professional talent and maintaining strong client relationships.