Salary: £66,700 - £81,500 + 15% Bonus and Benefits
LOCATION: The position is based in Barnsley, Yorkshire, UK
A multi-national world leader in a specific manufacturing niche is currently seeking a French-speaking, Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt to head their Continuous Improvement Program in the UK and Europe.
THE JOB ROLE:
The crux of this role is to drive the company’s Continuous Improvement Program throughout the UK and Europe. Locations are two in the UK with a base office in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, seven locations in France, one in Ireland and one in the Czech Republic.
As the Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, you will manage cross-functional teams to meet process improvement objectives, drive quality and Lean Sigma projects. You will manage the Continuous Improvement Program and will provide leadership and coaching to site business leaders. This position will manage and execute high-impact projects using Lean Six Sigma methodology supporting business processes and manufacturing sites.
- Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt (not solely Black Belt, but MASTER Black Belt!)
- Fluent in French
- Minimum BA or BSc degree, preferably in engineering or business.
- Previous experience managing/leading Six Sigma Black Belts
- Experienced in an international environment
- More than 5 years of experience in the DMAIC and IPECC methodologies and Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management tools
- Commercial experience implementing SMED, Kanban and Kaizen methodologies
- Experience managing Lean and Six Sigma project portfolios, leading the 10 Belt System training plan and providing focused mentoring and coaching.
- Experience in the Minitab software package
- Exceptional computer skills including operation of Microsoft Office
- Experience in Lean as well as Six Sigma
- DFSS experience
- Project Management Certification, eg. PMP, Prince2
- Knowledge of the TOC management paradigm
The career path here is to move in to a senior management role in 2-3 years’ time.
They are specifically seeking an individual with leadership potential; someone of the calibre that after 2-3 years in this role, the rest of the organisation will be “fighting” over you to move into a critical role outside of the Continuous Improvement Program. The route that will take depends on your background and aspirations: It could be into any of operations, engineering, sales and marketing, I.T. or a functional area such as HR or finance. Whichever area you move in to, your next position will be a very key leadership role, senior manager or above.
Consequently, they are seeking someone who aspires to be a key leader in the company: Could that be you?