Chief Financial Officer, EMEA & India
The Chief Financial Officer EMEA will report jointly to the Head of EMEA and India and the CFO, SVB Financial Group, and will be a strategic partner to both the Global Finance and Treasury team, and the EMEA senior management team.
The CFO EMEA will be a key member of the executive leadership team and will function as the company's financial leader, providing guidance for developing and implementing strategic business plans in the following business units:
- The current UK Branch
- The UK Subsidiary
The preferred candidate will direct and oversee all aspects of finance and accounting functions of the units above. These include: maintenance of strong internal controls; preparation of financial reports in accordance with GAAP, tax, legal and regulatory requirements; financial planning and analysis to include budgeting and forecasting as well as enterprise analytics; treasury to include capital, interest rate and liquidity risk management; additional responsibility for local vendor management, and support regional investor relations and any corporate development activities for the bank.
The preferred candidate will be a member of the UK Steering Committee, Chair the UK Branch and also sit as a member of the enterprise wide Committee.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to the finance, accounting, treasury, vendor management, corporate analytics, financial planning, corporate development and tax functions
- Provide direction and advice to the Head of EMEA and India, Senior leadership team on a wide range of financial and non-financial matters including strategic planning, risk, capital planning, and financial management
- Provide thought leadership on the evolving financial regulatory landscape and leading advocacy initiatives with peers to support common interests of financial institutions
- Lead process improvement initiatives across the finance function, and partner with colleagues to work on enterprise wide projects in the Finance and Treasury function
- Provide a high level of leadership, coaching, development and cross-training opportunities for finance colleagues within the Bank
The CFO EMEA should have superior financial acumen, leadership, collaboration and exceptional communication skills. As a member of the EMEA and Global Finance senior team, the CFO will be instrumental in planning, implementing, managing and controlling financial-related activities of the business. The executive will ensure the timeliness, accuracy and integrity of all financial data and make certain that adequate controls are in place.
The ideal candidate should bring prior finance leadership experience in a complex financial business, be driven, engaged, and passionate about creating long term value, and have exceptional intellect, business and finance acumen and leadership skills. The executive would ideally have served in a senior role within the European banking community in a Finance and/or Treasury capacity.
Significant experience of progressive financial management and leadership experience, as well as enterprise-wide perspective and expertise.
- A leader of growth/expansion initiatives via strategic execution or acquisition. Success in leading a strategy process and/or growth initiative with significant M&A activity is preferred
- Experience in a larger banking environment
- Suitable accounting and/or Finance qualifications
Excellent salary and bonus on offer