This job is no longer available
Our client is a true market defining, entrepreneurial Financial Services group. Due to expansion, the business now has the need for a hungry, dynamic Financial Controller to join the growing management team who is embarking on a highly aggressive growth strategy.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be primarily tasked with ensuring rigorous financial control across the business, driving through change where appropriate and providing stakeholders internally and externally with accurate, timely and relevant financial information. They will demonstrate high energy levels and a genuine can-do attitude. They will be tasked with making a significant impact on the development and delivery of business’s Financial, Commercial and Operational Strategy.
The appointee will be ACA/ACCA/ACMA qualified (or equivalent), with experience of delivering change and organic growth, Financial Services or Customer Service/B2C business exposure is not essential, but would be an advantage, as would exposure to a regulated environment.
Working closely with the Main Board, the successful candidate will be a confident communicator with excellent leadership and people skills with demonstrable ability to influence effectively at all levels.
Whether this is your first Financial Controller appointment or not, it will be immediately obvious why you have been appointed, and your credentials will instill immediate credibility with the local and Global management teams.
The appointee will have obvious sound technical skills and have demonstrated the practical application of these in their current and previous roles. They will also have experience of Group level reporting to strict monthly deadlines, preferably with overseas reporting exposure.
- Production of timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting, including statutory account and the preparation of the monthly management accounts pack
- Report monthly data to the Group for consolidation and liaise with Group finance staff regarding any queries
- Oversee submission of statutory reporting requirements (Stats, Corp tax, PAYE, Vat, Company filing)
- Management, motivation and development of accounts team, overseeing and ensuring quality output from each of the respective areas
- Ensure monthly sign off of payroll, expenses, DD tracker, purchase ledger payment runs and all submissions to HMRC including P11Ds
- Responsible for company pension scheme payments and matters relating to the pension scheme
- Develop internal management reporting systems Develop internal control systems and processes to mitigate financial risks
- Production of annual budget and forecasts Report on bad debt performance
- Report finance KPI’s Team bonus target setting and performance
- Team performance monitoring and review
- Assisting with on-going cost reduction programme
- Supervise the Finance team on a day to day basis
- Assist Head of Finance in project work as required
Key Performance Measures:
- Ensure management, flash and weekly accounts are reported accurately and to deadline
- Statutory accounts are filed within 3 months of year end and maintain all companies house compliances
- Ensure satisfactory tax compliance (PAYE, VAT and Corporation tax)
- Ensure consistent quality of output from accounts team
- Monthly deadlines for all types of payment are hit. (ie bonuses, payroll, purchase ledger etc.)
Skills and Knowledge:
- The candidate is expected to be a qualified Accountant with a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- To have significant post qualification experience working in a busy Finance dept
- To be up to date with all current accounting standard practices (i.e. UK GAAP) Knowledge gained within a relevant sector
- A working knowledge of compliance requirements for the sector Proven ability to manage a finance team
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Strong numeracy, written and communication skills Working knowledge of a recognised accounts package, exposure to Sage 50 would be an advantage.
- Advanced level user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Good administration skills
- Comfortable liaising with internal department heads, managers and senior managers
- Can use own initiative
- Maintains professionalism at all times
The appointee will be an impressive, and competent commercially motivated financial professional, well able to work and make decisions based on their own volition. They will have experienced the benefit of developing strong communications skills and will recognize that as a key aspect in the success of any management and leadership role.
They will be highly organised and strong team player being both motivated and motivating. They will thrive on change and will relish the opportunity to join such a high-growth, changeable environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to join a class leading business and take a dramatic career defining step in the career path to a main board position.