Are you an outstanding leader and persuasive communicator with the gravitas to develop and drive innovative strategies for improving operational delivery? In this pivotal role, you’ll use your expertise to improve people satisfaction & capability, customer satisfaction, and delivery of operational processes in a dynamic, market-leading organisation - and to transform the way we operate.
Part of the AIM-listed Synectics Group - a global player in the security sector – Synectics Mobile Systems is a major force in the delivery of end-to-end security and surveillance systems for the transport sector. A £10m+ Business, our prestigious client base extends across a number of markets – from UK bus & coach to bus & coach exports, rail & tram, blue light, and cash-in-transit.
Make no mistake, we are a highly ambitious company set on extending our market-leading position in the field of mobile security & surveillance. And if you join our influential senior leadership team, we’ll certainly be open to your ideas on how to fuel our exciting expansion plans.
Working closely with the other directors & their teams (finance, sales & marketing, products & technology, and business change), you’ll maximise collaboration across the Business to ensure knowledge is shared, to enhance internal processes, to boost commercial awareness and to enable the effective use of resources – all of which will revolutionise customer service delivery. At the same time, you’ll act as a senior contact for the Business and become a key ambassador within our market.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading, coaching, & developing a high-performing team with the right values & behaviours
- Developing & executing an effective operational strategy, structure, & delivery model
- Identifying & agreeing customer requirements, priorities, & emerging needs
- Effectively planning operational delivery – assessing required capability & resource and closely aligning with other teams
- Delivering efficient, right first time installs & service – within budget
- Continually improving the customer experience whilst reducing cost (more for less)
- Tightly managing key processes & metrics – within operations and across the Business
- Continually improving processes and ways of working to improve customer service and efficiency - reducing waste & cost
To meet the challenge, you must have an impressive track record in a senior operational role within a large service-based organisation – possibly in the transport sector. Here, you’ll have demonstrated your ability to drive change by delivering added value through people as well as technology. You must also bring:
- Excellent leadership skills to develop operational model, inspire & motivate others, and effectively manage key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills – oral, written, one to one, in groups
- Performance & achievement driven – high level of energy, drive, determination, & enthusiasm
- Highly customer-focused to build customer rapport, understand & deliver agreed customer requirements, and act as informed supplier
- Excellent team working & people skills – working with colleagues & customers
- Sound commercial acumen & business sense – understanding key commercial drivers & able to ensure all actions add value.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills inc. process management
- Innovative – high level of initiative & able to drive process improvement
- Good analytical skills – able to analyse operational performance, effectiveness, key issues, & operational roadmap
In return, the possibilities for career development will be outstanding – within both Synectics Mobile Systems and the wider Synectics Group.
To apply, please forward a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role by clicking on Apply.
Closing date: 14th July 2014