This job is no longer available
The University of Exeter is seeking to recruit a high calibre professional to this senior finance position.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To act as the expert financial advisor to College senior management
- To provide continual assurance to senior College management and the Chief Financial Officer that College finances are on track and in line with business plans
- To act as the professional financial lead in colleges, ensuring corporate standards are translated to local level
- To manage financial planning/budgeting, financial monitoring, risk assessment and audit processes, providing an efficient and effective College finance function
- To ensure that an appropriate research support service is delivered to the academic community within the College
Who we're looking for:
You will require:
- Significant experience operating in a large complex organisation with a turnover of at least £40m or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Experience of developing and implementing financial strategies, providing reports and management information that meets and anticipates the needs of decision-makers
- Ability to take both a broad overview of strategic issues and also to focus on the operational solutions
- A proven ability to influence and advise at senior level and to work effectively across a matrix organisation
- Significant experience of managing, motivating and developing groups of staff
- Experience of successfully managing change within an operational environment
About The University of Exeter:
The University of Exeter is one of the UK's top 10 universities and is a member of the Russell Group of Universities. The University has experienced a significant growth in size and complexity in its activities over a number of years and plans to grow further over the coming years.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE13338354Z