Senior Portfolio Managers/Portfolio Managers
The purpose of the role in HCA-I is to act as a Portfolio Manager and interface with a wide range of partners to maximise investment on a number of key HCA-I investment instruments and packages. The post holder will develop and maintain close relationships with key partners involved in housing and regeneration.
The post holder will support Senior Management in:
- Maximising the performance and recovery of the portfolio of investments
- Setting up best practice portfolio management tools and processes
- Developing relevant metrics for portfolio composition analysis and performance review
- Developing systems and processes for the portfolio management function
- Producing regular portfolio updates
- Close project monitoring (including cashflows and surveyor’s reports, etc) to ensure amounts due are paid in line with the legal agreements
- Forecasting of receipts as well as other portfolio reporting responsibilities
- Responding to any additional information requests on portfolio composition and performance
- Providing strategic feedback into subsequent rounds of policy development, informed by knowledge of the portfolio (e.g. geographical concentration risk, etc.)
- Identifying risk mitigation strategies
- Raising early warnings for potentially distressed positions
- Advising the finance function with regards to relevant portfolio issues
- Assisting with restructuring distressed positions
- Scenario and stress testing analysis
The HCA-I structure – with three distinct functions of Investment, Credit Risk and Portfolio Management – will provide HCA with additional technical expertise and discipline that would be expected in an organisation undertaking significant recoverable investment (real estate banking), alongside government expectations for social and policy outcomes as well as financial ones.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Recent and relevant experience developed in a corporate banking/investment institution, through structuring loans and /or equity investments
- Strong understanding of controls, governance and risk fundamentals, ideally developed through a role at a major financial institution
- Strong analytical and financial skills to be able to support the development, impact and performance of the HCA in its varied activities and, specifically its schemes utilising financial instruments
Ideally this experience will have been developed in a banking or an investment institution or in the residential, property or commercial land sectors.
These posts are permanent, but applications for fixed term appointments will be considered.
Posts will be located in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds, Gateshead, Manchester.
Please note that the appointment will be subject to a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) for the London location
Closing date for all applications: 9 May 2014
More jobs like this
- Technical Specialist Strategy Banking jobs in North East England
- Technical Specialist Strategy Corporate jobs in North East England
- Technical Specialist Strategy Investment jobs in North East England
- Technical Specialist Strategy Financial Services jobs in North East England
- Technical Specialist Strategy Local Government jobs in North East England