This job is no longer available
The post holder will interface with a wide range of partners when executing deals. The post holder will develop and maintain close relationships with key partners involved in housing and regeneration.
- Reviewing project proposals received on the back of prospectus solicitation to ensure satisfaction of core eligibility criteria
- Assessing borrowers’ potential risk of default, through a review of the viability of its existing business model (including its current operating structure, balance sheet and long term business plan resilience) as well as project viability
- Identify risk mitigants and opportunities in proposals
- Negotiating deal structure and documentation
- Pricing according to organisational guidelines as well as assessment of the borrowers’ credit quality
- Liaising with Risk Managers to discuss each borrower’s case in order to fully understand the material issues in respect of each application
- Liaising with external advisors to source required legal / financial and valuation due diligence input
- Reviewing the anticipated exit scenarios (as appropriate)
- Leading through the approval process (first line of defence vis à vis second line of defence provided by risk)
The HCA-I structure – with three distinct functions of Investment, Credit Risk and Portfolio Management – will provide HCA with additional technical expertise and discipline that would be expected in an organisation undertaking significant recoverable investment (real estate banking), alongside government expectations for social and policy outcomes as well as financial ones.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Recent and relevant experience developed in a corporate banking/investment institution, through structuring loans and /or equity investments
- Strong understanding of controls, governance and risk fundamentals, ideally developed through a role at a major financial institution
- Strong analytical and financial skills to be able to support the development, impact and performance of the HCA in its varied activities and, specifically its schemes utilising financial instruments
Ideally this experience will have been developed in a banking or an investment institution or in the residential, property or commercial land sectors.
These posts are permanent, but applications for fixed term appointments will be considered.
Posts will be located in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds, Gateshead, Manchester.
Please note that the appointment will be subject to a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) for the London location.
Closing date for all applications: 9 May 2014