This job is no longer available
The purpose of the role in HCA-I is to lead and manage the Analysis and Management Information team to establish management information systems which will provide the necessary information for the HCA and DCLG in connection with all investment instruments and packages. The post holder will develop and maintain close relationships with key staff in the HCA-I team and across other Directorates.
The post holder will be responsible to the Head of Portfolio Management for:
- Leading and managing the Analysis and Management Information team
- Establishing, implementing and operating an MI system according to best practice but adjusted for the specific needs of the HCA and DCLG
- Handling the information flow and supporting the preparation of regular updates and ad hoc information requests
- Producing regular reports for the Board and various Committees
- Achieving high standards of data quality and integrity
The post holder will have an understanding and make professional use of ratio and portfolio analysis tools.
The HCA-I structure – with three distinct functions of Investment, Credit Risk and Portfolio Management – will provide HCA with additional technical expertise and discipline that would be expected in an organisation undertaking significant recoverable investment (real estate banking), alongside government expectations for social and policy outcomes as well as financial ones.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Recent and relevant experience developed in a corporate banking/investment institution, through structuring loans and /or equity investments
- Strong understanding of controls, governance and risk fundamentals, ideally developed through a role at a major financial institution
- Strong analytical and financial skills to be able to support the development, impact and performance of the HCA in its varied activities and, specifically its schemes utilising financial instruments
Ideally, this experience will have been developed in a banking or an investment institution or in the residential, property or commercial land sectors.
These posts are permanent, but applications for fixed term appointments will be considered.
Posts will be located in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds, Gateshead, Manchester.
Please note that the appointment will be subject to a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) for the London location.
Closing date for all applications: 9 May 2014