This job is no longer available
Hamilton Bradshaw (HB) led by James Caan is a leading mid-market private equity and venture capital firm, based in Mayfair that focuses on the staffing sector. Due to HB’s planned rapid expansion of investing and growing the portfolio significantly in 2014 they are now looking to build upon a newly created division that looks to invest in larger transactions. Due to the accelerated growth of the new division, a new role has arisen for an Associate Director to join the small hand-picked team.
HB is looking for a talented corporate finance professional that is keen to graduate to a more entrepreneurial, commercial and hands-on role with greater autonomy, responsibility and management over the entire deal process. From target identification to complete financial, operational, strategic and competitor due diligence, and project managing the transaction including legal documentation and integration of the acquisition into the portfolio, this role offers enormous variety, breadth and exposure.
The right individual will be in an execution focused role initially, where you will have direct input and impact on the success of transactions. Working in a flat structure, you will be exceptional at financial modelling, carrying out due diligence and managing client relationships yourself. You will be taking responsibility for your own contribution to the deal cycle, working to strict deadlines and being able to manage several conflicting priorities.
As the Associate Director you will lead and deliver across the deal cycle. You will work closely with the origination team to analyze, model, conduct due diligence, structure and project manage the completion of live deals.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Have some corporate finance transactional experience
- Be immaculately presented, an exceptional communicator with good presentation skills and have an excellent command of the English language
- Have spent at least some experience in the UK mid-market as either an investment analyst, investment manager or due diligence analyst, ideally in M&A, PE, venture capital, corporate finance or transactional services
- Be a highly intellectual, ambitious and driven character who is results oriented and motivated by working in a high paced environment
- Be a self-starter and highly self-motivated and driven to be the best
- Be actively involved in the execution of transactional services
- Have expert financial modelling skills and be an advanced user of Excel
- Be extremely personable with excellent client relationship skills and a true team player
Hamilton Bradshaw has been and will continue to be an extremely acquisitive investor in the staffing sector. With several exit opportunities on the horizon, the appetite for larger transactions continues to grow and thus provides the right individual with an incredibly positive future. Career growth at Hamilton Bradshaw is endless, and for successful, innovative, entrepreneurial and commercial individuals, the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally is remarkable. This appointment therefore, offers an extremely rewarding future for the right individual to work in a very active PE house, alongside a hand-picked team of industry professionals with plenty of opportunity to progress internally and develop a fantastic career path.