With the scope to impact one of the key issues facing the UK public, we are looking for someone to lead the regulation investment team, working collaboratively as part of the senior management team. The role will inform the evolution of regulation policy, develop investment risk and the operationalisation of investment work.
The role will:
- Inform the evolution of policy and the integrated risk management framework and put in place the investment regulation strategy
- Provide investment expertise to high risk cases as part of virtual case teams as well as the sharing investment knowledge across the wider team
- Analyse and assess trends and systemic risks across the whole industry landscape as well as help form house views on economic conditions, asset classes and key investment risk related parameters in funding risk analysis framework
- Be the main point of contact for workload issues and questions about matters for escalation and decision-making
- Performance management for all investment team members dealing with high and poor performance; development and training and maintaining a skills matrix
- Working alongside operational support, managers and executive director with regard to work and project allocations
To apply for this role, you will have:
- Significant, in-depth relevant work experience within an asset-liability framework (such as senior position within an insurance company environment or a risk office function)
- Understanding and knowledge of liabilities and how they interact with assets backing the liabilities
- Ability to critically assess and analyse emerging trends within the investment area, including within new asset classes and risks
- Knowledge of economic environment and investment market and how this relates to challenges in addition to the ability to recognise the weaknesses of the current investment management market and the systemic risks this creates
- Knowledge of asset allocation; quantitative and qualitative risk assessment; hedging strategies and derivatives; different risk factors, including but not limited to interest rate risk, inflation risk, credit risk, market risk, counterparty risk and liquidity risk.
- Knowledge of modelling techniques related to investment risk, e.g. VaR, Monte Carlo, tail risk, scenario testing etc.