The Director for the Asia / Pacific Region will have primary responsibility for the development, coordination, and production of the Institute’s economic analysis of countries in the Asia / Pacific region. The Director will also play an important role more broadly in ensuring close relations with members in the Asia / Pacific region, including on capital market issues and the regulatory agenda relevant to the region, working in close coordination with IIF senior managers in Washington DC.
Applicants should have:
- A graduate degree in economics, preferably a Ph.D.
- Significant experience in senior leadership experience in macroeconomic analysis of countries in the Asia / Pacific region, preferably within the financial services industry and in the policy making community
- Knowledge of Chinese economic and financial developments and prospects will be particularly relevant
- Extensive experience in developing innovative research products and conducting rigorous analysis
- Strong English writing ability and presentational skills are essential, along with sound quantitative, spreadsheet and database skills
Extensive travel will be required within the region and to visit our main office in Washington DC and to attend IIF meetings worldwide.
The Institute of International Finance (IIF) is one of the world’s largest global associations of financial institutions with nearly 500 members in 75 countries. We provide economic and financial analysis to our members, serve as a forum for exchanging views and developing proposals on global regulatory issues; and represent our members from the private financial community in discussions with the public sector on global economic and financial policy issues.
If you would like to apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.